If you want cupcakes rather than muffins, add cream cheese icing. A little decadent and delicious!
1 can 100% pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (table salt, not kosher salt)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 small can crushed pineapple (well-drained)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Use mini muffin pan, regular muffin pan, bread pan, or cake pan.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
- You can use a stand mixer or a handheld mixer.
- Add sugar to the eggs and beat well
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat un
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Add the pineapple, pecans, coconut. Mix well.
- Pour into pan and bake.
The mini muffins will cook fairly quickly. They will likely be done in 10-15 minutes, so at 10 minutes test with a toothpick. If you insert a toothpick and it is clean when you remove it, then they are done. Regular size muffins, will take 15-20 minutes. A 9 x 13 pan will take about 40-50 minutes 3 layers in separate cake pans will take about 30-35 minutes A bread pan will likely take 45-60 minutes. These times are just guidelines because ovens vary so much. Test with a toothpick early to make sure that you do not overcook these.
© 2014 FoodieOasis