4-6 plums or plumcots, quartered
4-6 apricots, quartered
2 Tbsp sugar (adjust according to sweetness of fruit) plus more for sprinking
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp brandy
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp shortening
1-1/2 Tbsp butter, cold & cut into small pieces
2-3 Tbsp ice water
- In a food processor combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add shortening and butter.
- Pulse until meal-like texture forms.
- Add ice water while pulsing until dough begins to comes together.
- Chill dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll out dough.
- Transfer dough to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place fruit mixture in center of dough leaving at least a two inch border. Fold edges of dough over fruit, forming pleats or folds as necessary.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over top of tart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes before serving.