Adapted from a Food Network Magazine recipe
This cornbread is second from the left in the photo.
1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix, egg, milk, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into the baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until the cornbread is browned and just firm in the middle.
© 2013 FoodieOasis