12-18 jalapenos or mini bell peppers (or a combo
4 links mild or hot sausage (uncooked)
1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice off 1/3 of each jalapeno (lengthwise from stem to tip) exposing inner cavity
- Use a grapefruit spoon or paring knife to carefully remove the inner seeds and white membranes from each jalapeno
- Remove casings from sausage
- Combind sausage and cheese in a mixing bowl. Gently mix the sausage and cheese to combine. Be careful not to overmix. Overmixing can lead to a tough meat filling.
- Use a spoon to fill each jalapeno with the meat filling. Place each filled jalapeno on a baking sheet.
- Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 10-20 minutes. If the sausage contains pork, an inserted meat thermometer should read at least 145 degrees to ensure that it is done.