If you use a popover pan, this recipe will make 5-6 popovers depending on the size. If you are using a muffin pan, it will make more.
2 ½ Tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
- Use a pastry brush to butter the cups of a popover pan or cupcake pan with melted butter.
- Whisk the remaining butter with the eggs and milk.
- Add the flour and salt. Whisk until combined and smooth. (After initially whisking the ingredients, I used an immersion blender to create a smooth batter without over mixing. You could also use a blender to initially blend the eggs and milk. Then add the flour and salt and blend until smooth.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Let the batter rest while the oven heats.
- Heat the buttered pan in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the cups of the baking pan. Fill each cup about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake the popovers for 30 minutes. Do not open the oven or they will fall.
- Serve the popovers warm or at room temperature.
© 2015 FoodieOasis