2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
2-3 Tbsp. raspberry juice from 1 cup frozen raspberries (optional)
1/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Thaw the raspberries and place them in a fine mesh strainer. Place the strainer over a bowl. Using the back of a spoon press the raspberries to release their juice.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and they glisten
- Gradually add the sugar and continue beating the egg whites until the sugar is incorporated
- If you want raspberry cookies, add the raspberry juice (optional) and beat until combined.
- Place the egg white mixture in a piping bag. Pipe small circles, about 1 inch in diameter) of the egg white mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Use your finger to even out the circles and create an even thickness.
- Place the meringue cookies in the oven and turn the oven off.
- Leave the cookies in the oven at least 3 hours, overnight is even better, to let the meringue cook and dry to a nice crispy texture. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN UNTIL THEY ARE DONE!
- When the cookies are ready, spread a small amount of nutella onto the flat side of a cookie. Then form a sandwich by placing the flat side of another cookie on top of the nutella.
Note: You can freeze leftover cookies. Just take them out of the freezer a few minutes before you want to serve them to let the nutella soften.
© 2015 FoodieOasis